Monday, October 10, 2011

Cataracts. [Put your mouth to the firehose and turn it on.]

Wow, it's been almost a month since I last wrote.

Life has been so great lately. I just came off one of the most restful weekends in a long time. Though I did hours and hours of homework, I was just sitting in my apartment with the beautiful sun shining in while I drank coffee. In pure silence [except the brief conversations with my beloved roommate, Sharon].

I realized that silence is something I crave. Or at least I do now. I long for the quiet[er] public spaces of France. If someone else is producing noise, I feel like they're invading my personal thought space. Is that a little crazy? But of course, too much silence would drive me insane. Once my thoughts are unwound and organized, noise is fine, even welcomed. So Saturday night, I had a small group of people over for games. And that was just fine.

It was lovely to catch up with people I hadn't seen for a long time. Like my good friends Adam, Aaron, and Craig. Others were around this weekend, as well, but I hadn't spent time with these guys in a long time. Long time ranging from 3 weeks to 10 months. Re-connecting this weekend was good for my soul.

It was nice to slow down, as I've been feeling a little out of control lately. Not the old out of control that caused a panic. But so much is happening now; it's all so quickly. God is doing so much in my heart right now; I'm not even sure what all is going on.

I won't go into detail because I'm not even quite sure how to explain anything. Maybe I'll update you once more has happened :)

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment