Saturday, August 20, 2011

Epicenter [All other ground is sinking sand.]

I'm getting frustrated. Correction: I was getting frustrated. This morning, I'm too tired after my 4.5-mile run to really feel anything other than the lack of energy in my legs.

Why was I getting frustrated? Because I've been asking for something from God. It's not something huge. It's not something outlandish. It's not something that is bad to have.

I've been asking for wisdom. Not exactly wisdom. I've been asking for guidance in ONE area of my life. Do I do this or that? Which is better? Which is God's will? What would God have me do?

As I'm pondering this, I've been seeking wise counsel, getting in the Word, and praying. All good things. But God, why haven't You answered me yet? I just want to do what You want!

God started answering me.....





"Pursue Me," He whispers to me repeatedly.





Never angry, never annoyed by my persistent asking. God just gently told me to pursue Him. That is what He wants.

It's not about what I do for God. When I keep asking that question, the focus is on me. The focus is on me. The focus is on me. The focus is on me.

"Pursue Me."

God wants me to shift my focus from my own actions to Him. Easier said than done. I've been trying. But there it is again. I've been trying. Ick.

Jesus, change my focus. Change my heart. It doesn't matter what I do. You're the only thing that matters.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment