Saturday, February 5, 2011

Things I Desperately Want

So, after being in Montpellier for a little over 3 weeks, I have compiled of list of things that I want. I don't need these things by any means, but if I had a genie, these are the things I would wish for. Actually that's not true. I'd wish for other things. And this list is longer than 3 things. Okay, that example completely breaks down. But anyway.

1) A Shower That is Hot for Longer than 5 Minutes.
My shower doesn't stay hot for very long at all. Maybe 3 minutes? Then it quickly gets cooler and cooler until minute 5. There's no hot water left at this point, and I'm standing in ice cold water. If I'm not done with my shower yet, too bad. I'm abandoning ship, because standing there shivering is not my style. So every morning, it's a race against the clock. Oh, once, I had warmish water for 7 minutes. That was a great day :)

2) A Straightener.
Now this may seem a little vain, and I'm a little ashamed that this is on the list. But you don't know how much you appreciate something until you don't have it. Now, my hair's not curly by any means. But somethings it flips too much. Or have weird waves in it. Or my bangs just don't cooperate. It's times such as these that I long for a straightener. Or a curling iron. Or some sort of hot hair device to fix my problems.

3) Books.
I brought five books to France with me. I could have brought more, but for my six months here, I only brought a 50 pound suitcase and a carry-on. I could bring as many as I'd like. I've been trying to ration my reading time, but I just finished my first book today. Which means I'm reading too fast. Though I'd definitely like to spend more time reading, I'm trying to ration. I could always buy more books, right? But I'm trying not to spend a lot of money. And books here are expensive. At least the one's in English are.

4) Post-Its.
I like to make lists (obviously). It's how I keep all my crazy random, jumbled thoughts in order. And post-its are so small and convenient. And they tend to stick where I leave them, which is a perk.

5) Peanut Butter.
PB is rare here, and people don't really like it. And it's expensive. Don't get me wrong: I LOVE NUTELLA. But I miss my PB. A lot.

Hmmm. I'm sure there's things I'm forgetting. But right now, that's what's on my mind.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment